Information Collected or Received
- Information you provide: We receive, store and analyze any information you enter while using our services or provide to us in any other way. Such information in general can be classified as non-personally identifiable, personally identifiable, or sensitive personal information. For example, some of our services require you to sign up for an account. When you do, we will ask for personally identifiable information, such as your name and email address. Depending on which services you choose to use, we may ask for additional personally identifiable information. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our services.
- Automatic information: We automatically receive, store and analyze various categories of general non-personally identifiable information whenever you interact with our services. Such information may include but not limited to items viewed and searched for, web browser information, operating system information, device information, geo-location, TCP/IP address, HTTP referer, date and time, time zone and language settings. We may also use programming tools to record and analyze session information, including page response times, errors, length of visits, and page interaction information. We may also collect technical information to help us identify your device for diagnostic and fraud prevention purposes.
- Third party services: You may optionally choose to link your account to an external third-party service or application, such as Facebook or Twitter. By utilizing such method, you are granting us permission to receive, store and analyze information from a third-party.
- Cookies and similar technologies: We utilize "cookies" (small text files placed on your device) and similar technologies to provide certain aspects of our services and to help collect data. Although cookies originating from our services don't store any personally identifiable information, cookies allow us, among other things, to store user preferences and settings; provide interest-based advertising; combat fraud; and analyze how our services are performing.
- Mobile and portable devices: When using our apps, we may receive information about your geo-location and device. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as personalized advertising, enhanced search results, and other personalized content.
- Credit bureaus: In order to provide some of our customers with certain services, we may upon authorization, obtain credit history information from credit bureaus, which we use to help us offer certain services, as well as prevent and detect fraud.
- Other sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and append it to existing account information. For example, we may receive updated delivery address information from shipping carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct existing records and therefore deliver your orders more efficiently.
Please note that any information you post to public areas of our services can be read, collected and used by others, including search engines. Personal information that you post to public areas will no longer be considered personal information. For your protection, we never publicly display any of your personally identifiable information by default or without your consent.
How Your Personal Information is Used, Processed and Disclosed
- Fulfill your orders;
- Process and collect your payments;
- Provide you with customer support;
- Communicate with you;
- Perform customer analysis and business intelligence;
- Administer surveys, customer loyalty programs, special promotions, and marketing material;
- Customize and improve our services to better meet your needs;
- Generate aggregate reporting and general research;
- Prevent and detect fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities;
- Resolve disputes and enforce service agreements;
- Share aggregated and anonymized demographic information with verified business partners; and
- Meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
On occasion, we may contact you via physical mail, phone or e-mail to provide you with customer service or to provide you with information about certain products and services you may find of interest. Primarily, these communications are delivered by e-mail. Every account holder is required to provide and maintain current, complete and accurate account information in order to receive service communications. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other communications from us, you can adjust your communication preferences by accessing your account and making the necessary changes.
Verified Third Parties
We may engage verified third party companies and individuals (such as payment processors, research companies, analytics and security providers) to help us provide and improve our services. These third parties have limited access to your information only to perform certain tasks on our behalf and are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations not to disclose or use your information for any other purpose.
Acquisition and Transfer
Third Party Links
We may provide links to third-party websites that we do not own or control. We are not responsible for the information collection practices of any websites, products or services that we do not own or control.
For legal reasons, account holders must be at least (18) eighteen years old regardless of the age of majority where they live.
We are committed to handling your information with high standards of information security. For example, we encrypt sensitive personal information (such as credit card numbers) using secure socket layer technology (SSL). In addition, we employ reasonable precautions, industry standard security measures, and multi-level staff access to help keep the information disclosed to us safe and secure. With that said, your account information is ultimately protected by login credentials. It is very important that you protect your account by carefully choosing a strong password, and keeping your login credentials and devices secure.
Please note that data protection and other applicable laws of the United States may differ in your country. By using our services, you consent that your information will be received, stored and analyzed in the United States.
How to Access & Control Your Personal Data
You can view or edit your personal data online for many of our services. You can also make choices about our collection and use of your data. How you can access or control your personal data will depend on which services you use. For example:
- Your account: You can access and manage your I AM SANTA account in order to make changes to your profile, personal information, communication and privacy settings.
- Promotional messages: If you receive promotional e-mail or SMS messages from us and would like to opt out, you can do so by following the directions in that message.
- Cookies controls: Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but provide controls that allow you to block or delete them. Instructions for blocking or deleting cookies in web browsers may be available in each browser's privacy or help documentation. You can also visit http://www.aboutcookies.org for more information on how to manage and remove cookies across a number of different internet browsers. Please note that if you disable cookies, you might not be able to take advantage of many of our services.
- Local shared objects: Services that utilize Adobe Flash technologies may use Local Shared Objects or "Flash cookies" to store data on your computer. To learn how you can manage or block Flash cookies, click here.
- Advertising choices: Some of our services are supported by advertising. We use the data we collect to help select the advertising we deliver. If you want to opt out of interest-based advertising, you can manage your online advertising preferences via the following third-party services:
- Analytics providers: Many of our services may contain electronic images known as web beacons (also called single-pixel gifs) that we use to help deliver cookies on our websites, count users who have visited those websites and deliver co-branded services. We also include web beacons in our promotional email messages or newsletters to determine various statistics and benchmarks. You can opt out of data collection by the following third-party analytics providers:
- Do not track signals: Some browsers have incorporated "Do Not Track" (DNT) features that can send a signal to the websites you visit indicating you do not wish to be tracked. Not all web browsers offer a DNT option and DNT signals are not yet uniform. For this reason, many digital service operators, including us, do not recognize or respond to DNT signals.
Last Updated: October 5, 2020